I joined Milestone Financial Planning in April 2018 as a Business Administrator Apprentice and I have since progressed into a Technical Administrator role. Previously I have worked in IT, accounting and administration roles with other local companies.
In the office
My role requires me to provide support to the advisers to ensure the efficient operation of the office. I support managers, colleagues and clients through a variety of tasks related to organisation and communication. My responsibilities include:
· Undertaking research to identify suitable solutions for client’s needs.
· Prepare information/comparisons for analysis and consultations with the advisers.
· Prepared draft recommendation reports to be discussed/ signed off by the adviser.
· Prepare technical packs for annual reviews and attend such client meetings as required.
· Manage platform transactions i.e. trades, withdrawals and cash balances.
· Ensure new platform assets are invested at the earliest opportunity and check that cash balances are at the right levels regularly.
· Contact and chase providers.
· Liaise with and assist team members.
Why I love my job
No two days are ever the same. This keeps us on our toes and provides us with different challenges every day.
Everyone in the office shares the passion and desire to make sure that all clients get the service they deserve. This creates an amazing atmosphere and it is great to work in a team that shares the drive and motivation to do the best that we possibly can.
Knowing that what we do on a day to day basis is helping to provide our clients with financial solutions and improving their own and/or their family’s quality of life and future is what I love most about my job.
· Level 4 Diploma in R01 Financial Services, Regulations and Ethics
· Level 4 Diploma in R02 Investment Principles and Risk
· Business Studies Level 3 – 90 Credit Diploma (DDM Achieved)
· Level 3 in Business Administration.
What I do outside work
Outside of work I like to keep active, playing football 2-3 nights a week with friends and work colleagues. When I’m not playing football I’m more than likely watching it, unfortunately it’s usually Chesterfield.