Although I am experienced in all areas of financial planning
The areas I specialise in are:
- Pensions and Retirement Planning
- Long Term Care Funding and Care Home Funding
- Business Tax Planning
- Wealth Management
I started in Financial services in 2006 where I was lucky enough to get an internship with a stockbroking firm. I qualified as a stockbroker and financial advisor in 2007, just in time to watch the financial world collapse! My career took me from Canary Wharf in London to Sheffield where I began my career as a financial adviser.
In 2010 I was appointed as a director of a financial planning business where I was responsible for working with professional connections and growing the firm to ultimately become a national business.
And things were going swimmingly until one night in a pub in Chesterfield, drinking a real ale, I decided it was time to return to my Chesterfield roots and build a solid, different business in the town I love and am proud to call home.
The future is very exciting for Milestone Financial Planning. Between the team and myself, we have experienced very different sides of our industry. It is this combined knowledge that we have used to make our business different and stand out from the noise in the financial services sector.
We want to make a real difference to our clients, our community and the people we serve.
In the office
I’m the go-to person for any IT issue.
Always looking for ways to improve how we operate.
Helping to develop the team.
Looking after clients, dealing with complex business issues and ensuring the business is always heading in the right direction.
Why I love my job
- I love dealing with all clients. I believe we can all learn something from each other and I really enjoy getting to know new people.
- Giving back is really important to us. I have been involved in various good causes and am always looking at ways the Milestone team can get involved and help the local community.
- Most of all, I enjoy solving complex problems and helping people understand their finances and give them peace of mind that everything is going to be okay.
Diploma for Financial Advisers (DIPFA)
Member of the CII
Long-Term Care Qualification (CF8)
Certificate in Securities (SII)
Certificate in Regulation (SII)
What I do outside work
My wife, Jo and I have two young and very active children, so we are often out and about walking and having fun. We have a broad circle of friends and I love to be social and spend time with people. When I’m not entertaining family and friends, then I’m usually entertaining crowds at a music venue as a drummer in a rock band (well, maybe not crowds, rather a handful of hopefully inebriated individuals!).
See our 5 ratings on Google